Monday, February 4, 2008

We Have a Date...

So, we have a tentative date for shipping... and it seems like forever and a day from now to me. Of course, I wanted him here yesterday. I even volunteered to leave all my clothes behind and stuff him in my suitcase. I would gladly have paid the $50 overweight charge. But Jürgen said I couldn't do that, that the airlines frowned on the practice and that we had to vet him first. Damn. I tried.

So now, I have to wait until February 20. That's more than two weeks away. And then the folks in Los Angeles will want to keep him until February 22. They call it "quarantine," but I know the truth--they want to make moon eyes at him and tell him how lovely he is, and on top of that, they want me to pay THEM for the privilege. Don't you think it should be the other way around?

I can hardly wait for February 22, when I can pick him up in Los Angeles and drive him to our facility. I hope it's a sunny day. Coming from Holland, that would be such a treat for him. He's not going to believe his good fortune, landing some place where the sun actually SHINES and where he can work outside without getting soaking wet. He'll also get to share a barn with a famous Dutch stallion (Facet), so he'll have a friend that speaks the language while he learns to converse with the Germans (that should help him feel at home), and he'll have a beautiful brand new bridle and blankets, and he's going to get lots of love and attention. He'll get used to the grey mare that makes the ugly faces at him... I'm sure Facet will explain about HER. Facet learned to ignore Quila a long time ago. (She saves her "best" faces for him, but my guess is she'll transfer them to Jacco, or split them equally between the two boys--she is a jealous one!)

No comments: