Saturday, April 7, 2007

Damn It!

We didn't get the news I'd hoped for yesterday.

Tequila has at least a strained suspensory, maybe a tear. There was too much edema surrounding the tendon to get a good view, so we're going to be doing aggressive conservative therapy to get the swelling and inflammation down over the next two weeks, and then rescan. THE GOOD NEWS? There was no obvious "black hole." THE BAD? We're off for at least a month. Bye, bye Del Mar National. Bye, bye DG Bar. Shit, shit, shit.

Worse yet. No fun with my favorite riding partner at all. She hates handwalking. So do I. She glared sullenly at me the entire 30 minutes today (and at Birthe during Birthe's stint).

So for now, it's Naquasone for 4 days, Bute for 10 days, and we're icing 4 times a day, handwalking for 30 minutes twice a day, and I'm poulticing it every night. And prayer. Lot's of prayer. I want my best buddy back as my riding partner.

Two weeks actually puts us in the middle of World Cup, and my vet is the official vet for the US Dressage competitors (not to mention that I plan to be in Las Vegas, too, leading the cheering section for Leslie Morse)--so our reassessment will have to wait until after we all get back.

Hmmmmph.

No comments: