Friday, April 27, 2007

GOOD NEWS!

Quila had a recheck today on her suspensory, and we received the ALL CLEAR!

She still has superficial swelling, but who cares? The tendon itself looks super with no sign of injury on the scan, and she flexes and jogs sound. We've been given the go ahead to return to light work for the next two to three weeks, and then if she still is looking good, we can slowly resume a full workload and potentially return to the showring at First Level by mid-June.

YIPPEE!

I know Quila will be thrilled, if for no other reason than she has completely lost patience with handwalking. I feel like I'm torturing her every time I get her out, based on the forlorn looks she gives me. She'll be much happier under saddle.

As usual, Jürgen was right--aggressive care did the trick. He'll oversee her shoeing this weekend (we have our German shoer coming), and also her rehab, and I have no doubt that she'll stay sound. He's worked miracles for me before... :D

No comments: